Here's how all the Christmas things went:
1. Christmas party: went well. I conducted half the congregational hymns, and accompanied the other half. Performed Down in Yon Forest. Later people asked for the music. Guess I'll have to actually write it down.
2. Christmas program: went very well. I am SO proud of my choir. We sang Calm in the Listening Ear of Night, Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day, and Lo How A Rose. We filled up the whole program (between them and soloists) and ended right on time. Yay!
3. Christmas caroling: went super awfully. Santa came, so there were a million kids/families to see Santa, and only 3 old ladies showed up to sing. I was able to foist the accompaniment onto another pianist present, so I got to conduct instead, but it was awful because only 3 people wanted to sing. And they wanted to sing winter-themed songs that are not in the CHRISTMAS song book. Sorry. Sometimes a book with the theme of CHRISTMAS just won't include Frosty the Snowman, or whatever. Next year, I hope they don't have community "caroling," just Santa. It was awful.
PS, "carols" are about CHRISTMAS, as in JESUS. Not as in snowmen and baby it being cold outside and holly jolly winter wonderlands. Sorry.
On the plus side, Christmas stuff is done for this year! Now this choir director gets to focus on Easter. Anyone know any good Easter songs we should do this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment