Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaNoWriMo, etc.

I will have exciting [update: writing related] news to share with you all shortly.

However, I do have some non-confidential, less exciting news for now, which is that on November 1, National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) began, and this year I am participating.

Oh, I am SO participating.

Because I don't write on Sundays, NaNoWriMo means I have 26 days to write a complete 50,000-word novel. That averages out to about 2000 words that need to be written per day.

The awesome news is that on November 1, I wrote 2000 words.

Yesterday, I wrote 6000 words.

So far today, I've written 4000 words. And it's only 3 in the afternoon and I know exactly where my story is headed, so I could reasonably pump out a few thousand more today, if I'm smart about it.

Ahhh. I don't know why I love writing so much, but I do. So excited to finish this novel! Maybe someday it'll get published and you'll all get to read it. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing NaNo in 26 days rather than 30 as well, not because of Sundays but because I was camping on the Eastern Shore the last few days and figured I wouldn't start writing until after I got back. So my official start date is tomorrow (November 5). Good luck on yours! 2000 words/day is manageable, and with your prolific writing tendencies, you should be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete