WALKER WON WALKER WON WALKER WON
All. Day. Long. I have been praying for this. I have chewed my nails through every report.
But you know, it was kind of obvious that he was going to win. He won with 52% of the vote the first time he ran--Obama won by basically that much, and he called it a mandate. On top of that, when Walker first took office, something like 62,000 people in WI were union members. After he made union membership voluntary, union membership dwindled on down to fewer than 29,000 members.
Which fact would imply that actually, more union members than not actually didn't want to be members of unions.
The fact that over half the union members in the state quit the unions as soon as they could, implies that many people were glad to have the chance to ditch union membership--which would imply some level of support for Walker, the dude who made it all possible.
Anyway. Ah. I saw the lovely map at AOSHQDD, and my little heart just sang and I had to give Carl a high five. Really, it was all I could do to keep from dancing.
HE WON!
No comments:
Post a Comment