Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

cradle cap

For the past few weeks Nathaniel's had cradle cap. It's pretty sick. He has giant flakes of skin peeling off all on his head. I hadn't done anything about it because I figured he'd just grow out of it.

It's worse than that.

I realized just lately that every time a flake of skin comes off, it takes off all the hair that grew through that flake of skin, too.

:^(

Yesterday he had a sad moment and frantically pulled out a whole fistful of his own hair. It's not hard to do, with all the flakes (and therefore hair) peeling off as they are. He has a baldish patch where the hairs were, now (I say baldish because he still has a bunch of hair to masquerade the area... however, all those hairs are cradle-capped as well).

I am worried that the cradle cap area of his head is going to make him bald there. And then we'll be left with a bizarro bald-head baby with a rattail and Gollum sideburns still. :^/

No comments:

Post a Comment