Read the first post on food here.
Since I wrote that blog entry, several things have happened!
Notably, there was Halloween. I know I, for one, ate WAY too much Halloween candy. However, I excused it because I am nursing. Bad excuse, but oh well.
Next up, Shawn T caught up with us. We've all been doing the Insanity workout. We just started the second month (we did the first month for 6 weeks because I went out to that funeral so we did one week twice). Six weeks into the workout, we can really see a difference. And, I think, feel a difference. I can do way more pushups now, and I can see more muscles on myself than I could before. I can see WAY more muscles on Carl, now.
Anyway, yes: Shawn T has caught up with us. In the past, we've done a 40-minute workout with Shawn and then sat down with bowls of ice cream while we literally cooled down. But recently, I have felt strongly enough about eating nutritional food to actually 1) buy it and/or 2) make it.
I started making bread for us (using this recipe). We go through 2.5 loaves per week of my homemade bread, mostly because it is way better than storebought bread so we eat more of it. But making it from scratch saves money and is just generally better. I should have taken a picture of my bread from yesterday; it was beautiful.
I've been reading through health blogs for recipes and I tried one yesterday that was actually pretty good. I'll post it on here in a bit.
We are the only people who control what goes into our bodies. So it's worth it to be intentional about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment