Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

five weeks

Baby D is five weeks old today! He is becoming an expert at propping himself up on his elbows. He started doing it without help yesterday, and he'll do it a few times a day now. Yesterday he maybe did it 5-8 times, for several seconds each time. Today he's already done it maybe five times, and once for what felt like a really long time.

Yesterday Carl didn't get home from work until really late. I ended up having to change James twice by myself. I hadn't done that since November or something. It's significantly more difficult now, but it turns out I am still strong enough to lift him. I was able to pick James up off the bed in his entirety and reposition him, even though I haven't worked out for real since November either.

I kind of feel like I spend all my time feeding people and changing people. Between James and Nathaniel, and their every-three-hour feedings (okay, Nathaniel's more like every 45 minutes), and their diaper changes, and the two cats and their feedings and the litterbox--it's a lot of feeding and changing. I barely have time to eat for myself.

Here is a very good song:



One thing I love about Nathaniel is that already he loves music. When I sing to him he stops what he's doing to focus, and then goes back to whatever after the song is over. If we seat him in his boppy bouncer, he will make sad faces and almost cry, until we put on the music. In the car, he is guaranteed to cry--but if you put the music on, he'll typically relax a little. Sometimes he will cry at one song, but if I change the radio station in the car to a different song, he'll chill out. It's kind of cute and funny.

Nathaniel's also started doing sad faces. The kind where he sucks in his upper lip and his lower lip gets all pouty. It's cute and hilarious. Carl and I always laugh at him when he does it (sorry, baby!!). Hopefully he'll start smiling for real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment