Nathaniel got his name and his baby blessing on Sunday. We were so happy to see all our friends and family who showed up for it!
The blessing was a pretty long one. Carl's mom wrote it down, and I scribbled down the highlights as quickly as I could. It was hard because though Nathaniel was quiet and calm throughout, the other kids in the congregation were not as polite, and they cried and yelped and whatever during it, and also the microphone was not turned up all the way, so it was very hard to hear. It took a lot of concentration to hear what Carl was saying. But it was a good blessing and I am so excited for Nathaniel's future.
Afterward we all went to my parents' house for brunch, which was fun. A bunch of people showed up, and everyone fawned over Nathaniel and passed him around, and he was so nice about it. We have the nicest baby around. Here is a picture our darling friend Emily took:
Argh. My hair is still growing out from its foul pseudo-Bieber mullet, and I am ashamed of every picture. But just focus on the cuteness of that darling baby, okay?
After everyone left from the brunch, we did some family pictures. Good times. Hopefully a few of those turned out all right!
No comments:
Post a Comment