My midwife and the pediatrician keep telling me to just chill out and rest while my, you know, entire body heals from giving birth, and also works to create all of the nutrition that my giant Godzilla baby requires to grow, but here is the deal: I am a productivity freak and resting is not exactly my biggest talent.
Today was an insane day. I got up super early (yay nursing!), dropped Carl off at the Metro (even though I think I'm still not supposed to be driving, due to that whole "resting" thing--although how exactly do those people think I'm supposed to be getting to their silly appointments, anyway? I didn't get to the pediatrician's by resting there), then went to my parents' house to help watch James and organize my coupon binder and plan my shopping trip--which then I completed, Baby D in sling (thanks for the slings, guys!! <3). Then had to carry up all the groceries from the car. Then had to nurse for like 3 hours straight to make up for all that time (yes, 2 hours) that Baby D didn't nurse while we were out and about.
Then I tried to nap with baby, but he kept on waking up and fretting so that didn't happen. Then the plan was to do the laundry and the dishes and make dinner at 6, in time for Carl to get home--but of course, a Metro train hit some poor guy and essentially shut down the Red Line (so no Carl) and Baby D decided that our 45 minutes of almost-naptime had made him starving, so then we had to nurse for another two hours.
Then went and picked up Carl, came home, cooked dinner, ate it while nursing Baby D, gave Baby D his first bath (I think it confused him), and THEN got to do all the laundry, dishes, and random cleaning that I planned to do earlier. For the past, oh, what, like 2.5 hours. I am so fried. And everything is still a mess even though I worked so hard. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment