Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Christmas Lists, UPDATED

Nathaniel would like:

- a cute and cushioned sling for Mom to carry him around in

- another fun sling for Mom to carry him around in

- stuff for eating (as in, toddler spoon and fork sets, little plastic plates and bowls)

- fun toys to play with

- clothes size 9 mos and larger*

- Amazon money for buying random baby supplies as needed


Carl would like:

- short white socks

- Smores pop tarts

- headphones

- new casual shoes

- athletic shorts

- a new white shirt for church that fits (I don't know what size that would be, but he is a small in T-shirt sizes)

- a toaster--yes, we don't have one

- a laptop for his wife (aw)

- new slacks for work

- Barnes and Noble money



I would like:

- a new quadruple combination, preferably the tiny kind--although I just got a compact New Testament and Book of Mormon for my diaper bag, so maybe I could handle having a full size quad now. That would actually probably be easier to take notes in. I wrote so much in my last one with acid pen that all the pages are eaten through with my notes. :^(

- non-acid pens, or mechanical scripture marking pencils, or other scripture marking tools so I don't utterly destroy my new scriptures whenever I get them

- Amazon gift cards (you can buy nursing clothes on Amazon with free shipping! Hooray!)

- Money toward our family Gun Fund

- Money toward our family Mom's Computer Fund (this laptop is OLD)

- a cute nursing dress or so (I believe I am a medium at this stage in my life) (here is another one)

- a nursing tank--most of the ones I've tried don't hide my G's but I think this one might! The black one would be sooo useful.

- Money toward new jeans

- the Parasol Protectorate series


* A note on clothes: It's safe to assume at all times that Carl is a size small.

Nathaniel is about to move into nine month clothes--so far, he's been growing into a new size about every two months, so I've started stocking up on 12+ month stuff for him. We have 4 drawers full of 6-mo clothes for him and we only use about half of that now. So it's probably safe not to buy him lots of stuff in one size.

For me, I'm nursing! And planning to do it for a while. So I've committed to only buying nursing clothes for the foreseeable future. Any non-nursing clothes I end up with will most likely be returned, unless they are cardigans or jeans that fit, although I have way too many cardigans as it is (ahhhh I cannot overstate the adoration in my heart for a cute cardigan! I have a zillion of them. Okay, even though I already have a million cute cardigans, I would take another one).

As far as nursing clothes go, I am being picky and only using the kind that let you nurse without basically stripping. This nursingwear site shows the different kinds of nursingwear openings. I don't use pull-down clothes, drop-front clothes, or built-in bra stuff, or clothes that make you pull everything up.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how much you care about having genuine leather scriptures, but they should be releasing a higher-quality genuine leather soon. Granted, "soon" was over a year ago and it still hasn't happened, but I, personally, am waiting to buy new scriptures until I can get the "new" ones.

    ReplyDelete