Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Piano

It's Allie on Carl's account. Anyway, we GOT THE PIANO!!! It was crazy. The piano is an old-style player piano that no longer plays. Not a big deal (it can still be played manually), but it's extra extra deep. And our house is built on a hill. So not only could it not go up the stairs, it couldn't fit through ANY doors in the whole danged house. In the end they had to dismantle one of the back doors and we were able to get it into the living room. I'd hoped to have it in the front of the house--I had a whole music nook all ready for it and it was beautiful--but oh well. WE HAVE A PIANO!!



Also, here are some random pictures from this morning. Don't worry, Carl isn't actually asleep:






I love how we've done our bookshelves, organized by color and genre. I think they look so cool.

2 comments:

  1. We're getting a broken player piano this month, too! We just have to pay for a truck to transport it and that's all! Thanks for the heads up that it's going to be deeper. Our old play has narrow doorways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for your new piano!! Be sure to measure all your doorways--we almost had to not take the piano inside. I was going to have to pay $200 for it to become a lawn decoration because our doors were too small.

    The old-style player pianos are apparently EXACTLY 29.5 inches in depth, which happens to be the same exact size as a standard doorway. So before you spend the money on moving it safely, measure your doorways! Even 29.75-inch doorways can work without scuffing the walls. We just lucked out because one side of our sliding door had a side with a rubber give. So lucky!

    ReplyDelete