Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

mostly better

I'm mostly better now--just very, very tired!

Six days into my sickness my mother told me that I had better wean my baby, because my body was CLEARLY diverting so many nutrients to my breastmilk that it didn't have enough left over to heal.

Um.

How long is a normal cold? I asked.

Seven to fourteen days, she told me.

...

Come back to me in eight days, I said.

FYI, I'm pretty sure nursing had nothing to do with the fact that my cold took a normal amount of time to heal from. Although I am sure it has 100% everything to do with the fact that Nathaniel didn't get it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, glad to hear you know your breastfeeding facts :) And I'm also glad to hear Nathaniel didn't get sick! Liam never got ANY colds or sickness or anything until he started eating lots of solids, he was at least 9 or 10 months when he got his first cold, and the only reason he even got colds then was because we were living with 14 other people in one house, 4 of them under the age of 8, so they brought home tons of germs from school.
    Breastfeeding rocks! :) AND I'm also glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, breastfeeding DOES rock!! Question: when did you start Liam on solids?

    ReplyDelete