Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

new scriptures!

For Christmas, what I REALLY REALLY wanted was new scriptures. Happy day, Carl's parents got me some!

I got my first real set of scriptures when I turned eight, for my baptism. When I was 15, that set disintegrated and I got a new set. I had that set until just now. I'm 23. So I figure it's safe to plan on needing a new set every 7-10 years.

Can you tell which one is old and which one is new?





Just kidding! It's pretty easy to tell. I'm so grateful for my new scriptures. My last set had really bad acid problems, from how I used to always take notes in there with acid pens. In this picture, the notes you see in hot pink were originally written in purple and blue, several pages away.



So grateful for new scriptures! In my new set, I am only using colored pencils and mechanical pencils to color in scriptures and take notes, respectively. I even made a whole color system to do it in (as in, orange relates to the Atonement. Pink is for inspirational scriptures. Red is for commandments. Et cetera). It involves like 10 colors and is pretty intense, because of how I have decided to sort scriptures I think are important. But so far so good. I've started slowly transferring my old notes into my new scriptures. It's hard because the acid has eaten away a lot of things I've written, but it's been good to revisit past meditations.

Yay new scriptures!

No comments:

Post a Comment