Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

sick bleh

I've had the weirdest head cold over the past four days. Four? It started on Sunday. Who knows how many days that is. Every day it's different. One day it's a sore throat. The next it's a sinus thing. The next it's both. The next it's a cough. Today it's weird everything plus generous helpings of dizziness. I think that's mostly because I haven't been able to eat a lot and Nathaniel and my sickness have made it so for the past week I've only slept about three hours per night.

I had Carl drop me off at my mom's house this morning so I can be ready to get James off the bus and not have to worry about driving. But now the problem is, my baby is a creeper! He is creeping everywhere! I put him in the middle of the living room, and suddenly he's trying to lick some shoes someone left in the kitchen. I don't feel safe carrying him, though. So I just follow him around and try to distract him with baby toys when he starts wanting to play with, say, shoes or dust or whatever.

Can't fall asleep because someone has to watch the baby always, and I'm the only one here.

How do you other moms out there handle being way sick AND having a mobile baby who doesn't get when things are dangerous?

1 comment:

  1. sorry, not much advice here. I'd say put on a movie but I think that only works for older kids. When Liam was younger I never got sick enough not to be able to carry him, for longer than a few hours at a time, durring which I just kept him in my room with the door shut while I tried to sleep, I just recently got sick enough to be out for a day a few days ago, and luckily Pace works from home and was able to take care of him all day for me. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete