Then today, he went down for his normal morning nap at 10:30. And then woke up at 10:46, ready to go. Sixteen minutes of napping.
He's been crazy all morning since, and now, at 2:50 pm, he just went down again. We'll see how long this nap lasts. Normally he sleeps for 11 hours at night, then takes 2-3 naps that total another 4-5 hours. He should be on his third or fourth hour of napping for the day, but he's on his first.
His tired circles have tired circles have tired circles. Seriously, there are three layers of tired circles on his baby face.
??????
What is his deal??
I'll let you know when I find out. Time for some internet sleuthing, I guess.
Liam did the SAME thing when he was a baby! He would just start screaming in his sleep and I could not wake him up, or if i did he'd just be terrified, eyes open, but I couldn't tell if he was actually awake or not, so I just held him and comforted him until he went back to sleep. I tried to figure out what it was, but I don't think I ever got a clear answer. It could be night terrors (nightmares). At one point I thought he might be in pain, stomach pain or something, I never could really tell though. Luckily he outgrew it before he was a year old, might have even been before then. I think it's actually a pretty common thing though.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what it was, in the end, but he slept really well last night, for a full 12 hours. At least he had that going for him! He only took 1 hour of naps yesterday in total. It was so crazy.
Delete