Nathaniel has been weird lately. Normally, he sleeps well during the night, and is happy all day. The past few days, he's been a grump--and last night, he didn't bother going to sleep until 5:30. And then he was up at 6:30 and now he just fell asleep again. It's like 8 am.
Just in time for me to load him in the car to take Carl to work! This will be superfun.
I gave him some Orajel at 6:30, and some baby motrin. I guess his new grumpiness and sleep issues are from teething, or starting solids? He loves to suck on bread crust and Cheerios and pretzels (he doesn't really eat them, he just licks them), but I wonder if that's making him crazy?
All I know is, when my baby doesn't sleep, I don't sleep. He spent the whole night just making weird grunting noises and thrashing around, until I gave up trying to placate him the whole time and he just cried instead. Poor kid.
I think the real secret may have been that he wanted to sleep on his tummy and I wouldn't let him. A benefit of co-sleeping is that I can keep him in the positions that are good for him to sleep in. But he just learned how to sleep on his side last week, and now sleeping on his back isn't good enough. And just now, he fell asleep on his tummy and it's the most restful I've seen him in days.
No comments:
Post a Comment