Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

sleep issues, continued

I think I discovered the answer to his sleep issues. I'll test it out tonight and let you know.

All morning, he's slept super well, but only on his tummy. If I try to get him to sleep on his back or side, he stirs and starts grunting and being sad again. No tears, but just general restlessness.

Right now he's on his tummy, and has slept peacefully for the past hour. All last night when he was tossing and turning and getting upset with me, it was because I wouldn't let him sleep on his tummy. I kept him from his tummy for two reasons: 1) SIDS risk and 2) he loves scooting and I didn't want him scooting around in the night.

But it looks like he'd rather sleep than scoot, and also, I'm right next to him all night. (Yay bedsharing!) So I can hear him breathe all night long. If something happens with him, I notice. So maybe it might be okay to let him sleep that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment