So I fully planned to have an awful day. I wasn't mean about it, just resigned. I got up to make Carl's lunch and thought, of course I have to make him lunch on the worst day. And stupid stuff like that.
When we got back from taking Carl to work, I prayed for help to get through this day, because it was clearly such a terrible, terrible day.
And then it hit me:
There are thousands of women praying right now to have a child. They would give up so much for the opportunity to stay up all night keeping their kid from sleeping weirdly.
There are women right now praying for an escape from people who would beat them or rape them or murder them or worse. They would give so much to have their biggest problem be a lack of sleep.
There are women starving to death, and women forced into slavery, and women with terrible diseases, and I am seriously complaining about staying up all night with a baby?
My baby is even cute! He's even happy! There are plenty of moms who don't even get that!
What business do I have complaining about anything when I am pretty much the most blessed person I know?
So, no, I didn't get a real nap yesterday. And by the end of the day I was beat. But I will say, after that attitude adjustment, my day was great.
The purpose of life is happiness: men are that they might have joy. God has given me so much. I feel like it's pretty much my job to be joyful.
So, sorry I was a complainer. It was ungrateful of me. At the end of the day, my life is good. It all just comes down to an attitude adjustment.
Source: thenester.com via Allie on Pinterest

No comments:
Post a Comment