Yes, I'm procrastinating. But I decided that a nice way to procrastinate would be to let you all know what Baby D is up to.
He learned how to crawl on Valentine's day, and by that Friday (three days later) he was pulling to stand on everything he could find, and cruising. Now he is a master at pulling to stand. He wants to stand always, all the time, without exception--which is annoying when we have to change his diaper.
We'd started disposable-diapering while we were on vacation in California for Christmas, and then we got home and I was sick for like the next month (and not feeling the near-daily loads of laundry), but we just got him back in his cloth diapers and that's been nice.
He loves to play with newspaper, which is convenient because I keep a stack of it in the room where I work out every day. So he just crawls on over and starts tearing it apart while we exercise.
He blabs all the time, with emotion. He uses his eyebrows when he talks, too. I wish we could understand what he's trying to say.
I gave him another haircut on Sunday, to get rid of his new Gollum hairs and his rat tail. He looks much more clean cut now that his hair doesn't break the BYU Honor Code.
He's been sick on and off for the past three weeks, but he's finally just about over it, I think.
He's started eating solids almost daily. My mom is fanatic about forcing food on the kid, so at dinnertime he always has a pile of Cheerios and teddy grahams and pretzels and whatever in front of him (and then, under him). He doesn't swallow a whole lot, but he licks a lot of things.
He also enjoys licking the bricks on our fireplace (??). I used to discourage that, but he does it so much I've given up. If my child wants to lick bricks, well! By all means--lick those bricks, kid! Whatever.
I took some more videos of him the other day that I need to post. I'll get on that the next time I have a chance.
When Liam was that age I just started changing his diapers while he was standing up, it was much easier than trying to force him to lie down :) He started lying down for me again as he got older. And, I love your paragraph on licking bricks! I totally understand that line of thought! It's much easier to just let them do things like that than to waste your energy trying to stop them.
ReplyDelete