So many people try over and over again to get in shape, and then fail, and then start over, and do it again. I know I've done this. I've worked to get in shape, then decided that really, it's easier to just eat potato chips and chillax. And I relapse.
But not this time. I do believe that this time is different. Because for the firs time, something has clicked with me--
In the past, I wanted to keep my old lifestyle, AND be in shape.
Yeah right.
You can't out-exercise a bad diet. And you can't just keep living your life as usual and expect things to change.
CHANGE ONLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU CHANGE.
Maybe that is totally obvious, but yes, it took me 23 years to figure that out and internalize it where my body is concerned. And now that I've realized that, I've started to actually change. Change my whole life. Maybe it doesn't look like it on the outside, but there is actually real life change going on up in hizzle, yo.
Here is a pin:
Source: google.com via Allie on Pinterest
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is in what you do. It's in what I do. And it turns out, the person I want to be minds what she eats and exercises regularly. And the person I want to be loves doing that. She adores it. She is so happy to be making wise choices about her stewardship.
THAT IS WHO I WANT TO BE.
And now I am finally actually being it.
But it took realizing that key fact first. The key fact that, to change, I had to change.
This year, my secret new year's resolution was to live with intention. I still have a long way to go, but I feel like this is a good start. Good things come to those who wait, but the best things come to those who do.
Source: prettystuff.tumblr.com via Allie on Pinterest


No comments:
Post a Comment