Strangely enough, he enjoys hot showers, warm baths, and cold rain.
Anyway, we've been out and about all day, and I packed 3 diaper shells and maybe 7 inserts. We use Best Bottom diapers and I for one really love them. They are so easy and so cute.
I have been a little bit worried, though, because I've read accounts of babies not liking cloth diapers because they are too thick.
Well, today the baby and I were out and about. We visited my mom at her work to help her set up a facebook page for her business, and then came home to take care of my handicapped older brother. We went through just about all the diapers, and I decided, what the heck, I'll use a disposable diaper, rather than go home to pick up another insert.
I diapered up my little boy in his Size 1 disposable, and that lasted, oh, maybe 3 minutes. I had just enough time to feed one cat, and on my way down to feed my parents' other cat who lives in the basement, the screams began.
At first I assumed he was hungry, because that kid decides he's starving to death and all hell breaks loose. But he wouldn't nurse.
So in a moment of inspiration and happy fortuitousness, I dug around in my diaper bag and found a final shell and insert to use. I stuck them together as quick as I could and got to changing this kid.
The second the 'sposie was off, he calmed.
When I snapped the final snap on his Double Chocolate diaper shell, he stopped crying altogether.
All was well in the world once again.
So, I guess that's the end of sposies for him. I'll admit I'm pretty relieved. Cloth diapers were a bit of an investment but if he genuinely prefers them AND they save us money in the long term, I'm happy with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment