We're having some new people in the house tonight and I've taken it as motivation to get as much done as I can around the house before I run off to watch my brother.
I've been putting off cleaning the kitchen floor until I had the wet swiffer things, but today I decided I needed to just get it done. So I got on my hands and knees and did it the old fashioned way.
And it occurred to me: this is a workout. I don't need to exercise separately today. I already spent 30 minutes scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees. And vacuuming everything with my twelve-pound two-month-old tied to me in his sling. That involved some lunge action. And carrying tons of boxes around (ugh, yes, we are STILL not done unpacking) was working out, too.
I guess the revelation is that I could be in way better shape if I just cleaned more. Also, perhaps it's better all around if I just use my washcloths and cleaner spray instead of getting swiffer wipes.
I never liked the swiffer mops; they just didn't ever get things clean enough for me. You can ask any of my roommates I had at BYU, but I'm totally all about the scrub brush in my had, on my knees, and cleaning the tiles the old fashioned way. Plus, if you get enough bubbles, you can try to recreate that scene in Cinderella where she's singing to/with herself.
ReplyDeleteHa! When I read this comment I tried to look for the Facebook "like" button (it wasn't there). Consider this comment "liked." :^P
ReplyDelete