I have a ton of pictures I need to upload. I'm going to do it soon, promise! I keep trying to capture Nathaniel's little smiles, but by the time the camera actually takes the picture, his smiles have flickered away. The good news is that he's cute anyway.
Here are some various thoughts related to Nathaniel:
- I keep trying to be better at nursing him, but I'm afraid I have a hard time with it. With being relaxed, I mean. My neck and upper back have turned into the most gigantic gross-out knots. I use the Boppy my darling aunt Beth gave us, and I make a conscious effort to relax while I nurse him, but still my body locks up. It's ridiculous. Ow.
- Lately Nathaniel's stopped sleeping so nicely. Sometimes I'll have to nurse him 5-7 times in a night. Fortunately he's quiet in the night, so we don't wake up Carl, and he doesn't seem to want to play or anything once the lights are off. But anyway. Today he was up from 8 am until 10:30 pm, with maybe a total of 3 hours of sleeping in between. For real. That's... what? 11 waking hours? That's a lot for a tiny baby. Maybe he'll sleep well tonight. I could use some uninterrupted sleep. Of course, when my sleep is uninterrupted now, I wake up out of confusion, wondering why I haven't been woken up yet.
- Nathaniel is almost too big to fit into his 0-3mo pajamas. I'm really excited to retire them and move into the fun realm of 3-6mo pjs. We have some real cute ones for him!
- Totally bought him a cow costume for Halloween. Prepare yourself to behold THE cutest cow in the world. Only a few more weeks, peeps. Be excited. I'm excited.
- Nathaniel's started reaching for toys. He doesn't know what to do with them once he's touched them, but it's cool that he's interested enough to reach for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment