Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

busy day!

Today was so busy!

I forgot if I mentioned, but I'm not allowed to drive anymore due to my status as a nine-months-pregnant person. So Carl drove his own self to work, and once he was gone, I got busy. First up was making a bunch of frozen microwavable tacos for Carl's lunches once the baby comes. I didn't make as many as I wanted to, but there's still enough for at least a week of lunches, and possibly a week and a half.

Once upon a time, I told myself I would never be the kind of wife that made my husband lunches for work. But then it turned out that I am totally that kind of wife.

Anyway, then I went over to the house and worked on unpacking stuff. I forgot that I am a major genius, because way back before we moved to MD I apparently bought a whole bunch of staples--like soap and toothbrushes--and I found a stash of them. That was a glorious moment. I think we're set on soap and toothpaste and toothbrushes and shampoo and all sorts of stuff like that for at least six months.

Unpacked a bunch of books, figured out places for furniture, and prepared baby things to go into the wash. Of course, I didn't remember to bring laundry stuff, so actually washing those baby things will have to wait until Friday. Hopefully the baby doesn't come until at least Saturday.

And then I made a triple batch of sausage pasta for dinner, and was able to freeze probably... 12 servings of it. That's about a week's worth of dinners for me and Carl once the baby comes. To go along with the 4 servings I have frozen of chicken alfredo lasagna.

Over the weekend I plan to make some chicken cordon bleu casserole to freeze, and hopefully by Sunday I'll have at least 3 weeks' worth of meals in order.

Oh, also I got Baby D a pediatrician, or rather, figured out the process and set everything up so that when he comes we will be able to get him one with minimal stress.

Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment