We're moved into the new house! We moved in on Saturday after all. So we've been here for a few days and slowly but surely, things are coming together. I will say that if I were not pregnant, things would come together a lot faster. There's a lot of stuff I COULD do, since I am home all day, but cannot do because I am not allowed to lift anything vaguely heavy. So there's furniture and a TV and boxes of stuff that need to go places, but I can't move them, so they just sit there in the middle of the floor.
However, I have been pleasantly surprised at how many boxes turned out to be light. Today, our internet guy came (hence my being able to blog again), and while he was in the dining room setting everything up, I committed to staying busy the whole time. Several boxes of cooking items (like our three crock pots) turned out to be very light, so I was able to just move them to where they needed to be. Now I'm just sad I let them stay there for so long when they were so easy to move. Who know they would be so light?
Admission: I have never used a crock pot before. Even though we have 3 of them from our wedding, so if I wanted to I could be an Ultimate Crock Pot Master and make three times the amount of crock pot food.
I do plan to figure it out soon, though.
So, the house is getting there. Yesterday Nana and I went to Pier One and got fantastic darling dining room chairs (we got 4 of the first kind and 2 of the second kind and they look wonderful).
Ha, Baby Doozit (who remains nameless at this time) just knocked on my womb. You could watch it. It was like he was knocking on a door or something. So weird. He's been a busy beaver this morning, doing who even knows what. Practicing his ninja ways, I suppose.
It's been very weird to have people ask me when I'm due, and then have to say "THIS WEEK!!" Everywhere I go I wonder--will my water break while I am buying dining room furniture at Pier 1/eating lunch at this fine restaurant/making small talk with my neighbors/having the internet installed? I can envision a whole host of awkward times for that to happen.
BUT this is a blog entry about the house! The house is good. Soon it will be done and you'll all have to come over for a house party.
No comments:
Post a Comment