Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

awesome day

Guys, today has been SO AWESOME.

I didn't really sleep last night, due to my hurt back. My whole spine all the way up to my head was affected, and then my sciatic nerve was also affected, so pretty much it just hurt from my neck on down to the heels of my feet. But the good news is my arms were fine.

Also, I am happy! So who even cares about not sleeping.

I went over to the house again today and did a few loads of laundry (including a few loads for Baby D--it takes SO many baby clothes to fill up a load of laundry! Whoa!), and tried to figure out a system for organizing all my books. Our zillions of bazillions of books.

I figured it out. One of these times I will post a picture of the bookshelves I organized today. They look FREAKING FANTASTIC.

I was inspired while I was putting away my vast Idiot's Guide collection. All that orange looked so nice, I went out and grabbed my 10 other random orange-spined books (like "The Art of Woo" and "Freakonomics," and stuck them next to it. Then there was a blue-spined book with a bright orange stripe across it, so I added that, and then piled blue books next to it, so the stripey book was like a transition.

The next shelf down was for my books on finance and economics. Turns out people who write about money like their books to be green. So I had a green section and a white section and a purple section (?) for my money shelf.

So then I had those fun colors on those shelves, so I went back into the front room and organized my other bookshelf the same way. The top row is for purples and burgundies that fade to blue; the next one is for blues fading into greens; then comes the beige row, the red row, and a black row. I found some pictures of me and Carl and our families that matched the colors and put them up, and now the bookshelf looks so aesthetically pleasing I can barely stand it. I just like to stand back at look at it.

Then my BFF from my old work called, and we caught up and she told me awesome stories, and then later my mom offered HER a job, and it was like all my dreams came true. And right now I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance. Is it possible for today to get better?

And then tomorrow I have my midwife appointment, and Friday is the chiropractor--I don't even care if I don't sleep again tonight, and I don't care that my body hurts. I am just one happy girl. Even in spite of my foul Bieber mullet. Life is so awesome I can barely stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment