I tried making this one kind of cake the other day, and it definitely didn't turn out as planned. I had to substitute one ingredient and I think that made all the difference.
However, the cake is delicious, incredibly moist, and has a chocolate crust that I hadn't anticipated, and so if you like things that are moist, delicious, and have chocolate crusts, then you will like this recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED
- yellow cake mix
- vanilla pudding mix (5.9 oz or 5.7 oz or however big that box is)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
WHAT YOU DO
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix everything together, minus the chocolate chips (I beat it on low for 1 minute, then medium for 2 minutes)
3. Add the chocolate chips and stir manually
4. Pour it all into your greased baking dish
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean)
What happens is, you get really moist yellow cake on top--but then while the cake is cooking, the chocolate chips sink to the bottom of the cake. I was not anticipating that, because if you use Devil's Food cake mix and a full cup of sour cream (and no milk), the chips are suspended in the mix.
But the crust is pretty awesome. It's like reverse frosting. In fact, I have not frosted this cake but it's almost gone anyway. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment