Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

moving!

The move is underway! No pictures yet. Basically this blog is my wake-up call to go find my camera and start taking pictures again.

The house is really coming together. We've got some furniture moved in, and as we've been moving that in we've been able to put things away. The biggest deal lately has been books--we have a zillion books (approximately). Because of our interests, Carl and I have books that span a wide variety of genres, and the hardest thing has been trying to figure out which genre should go where.

We have our classics; our church literature; my environmental science stuff; political things; popular fiction; YA lit from when we were in middle school; LSAT and GRE prep books; piles of old chemistry textbooks.

So, still working on getting those all put away.

Today I carried a bunch of baby stuff up to the baby's room, and put together some lamps (the house has... 5 overhead lights? The bathrooms have lights built in, the kitchen has a few lights, the dining room, the basement, and the entry. That leaves all bedrooms, the office, and the family room and living room completely dark).

Also cleaned some more furniture and tried to figure out where to put it.

I tripped on a bookshelf and flew across the room and miraculously was mostly unhurt, except for a swollen finger and a cut on my leg I didn't even notice until an hour ago.

Hopefully we'll be all moved in by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment