It's Baby Doozit's last month in utero! Whoohoo! With any luck, come July, he will be out!
Technically he could come as late as July 14, and that would be within the realm of normal, but at the same time, he could come next week and that would also be in the realm of normal.
My greatest hope is that no one bothers to call my cell phone or my house to ask if Baby D has come yet. If you have not seen a picture of him or an announcement on here or on Facebook, it's because he's not born. So don't waste time calling because I will probably be too tired and annoyed to talk to you (sorry!).
Anyway, so excited. Carl and I have finally gotten on track with our hypnobirthing practice. I have to give a shout-out to my aunt Angie, whose amazing tutelage in the art of self-hypnosis has been SO helpful in preparation for this birth. At first I was worried that five weeks of home study prep would not be enough, but I think that because of her help, everything will be fine. Last night I was able to suggest myself into a hypnotic state in probably under two minutes. Obviously I haven't done it yet during contractions (or "uterine surges," as my hypnobirthing book calls them), but it is heartening that so far the techniques come easily.
The house is coming along fantastically. Today I get to go over there and supervise some carpet installation. Last night the YW from church came over and weeded the yard and cleaned out the cupboards in the kitchen, so now the kitchen is almost ready to have stuff moved into it (the only thing left to scrub down is the freezer, which I've been putting off).
It looks like we could actually be all moved in this month. And have a baby this month.
New house, new baby--hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment