Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

everything update

I started taking the castor oil last night at midnight. I was supposed to wait until morning, but what I realized around 11:45 pm is that I am really, really awesome at dreading things. I'm not typically afraid of things, but I'm really good at dreading them. I read a great article once about the difference between fear and dread, and while I'm not afraid of much, I can dread things freakishly well.

I was dreading that stupid oil. So I just got up, and started taking it. Since I was going to dread it all night anyway, figured I might as well.

Of course, it was super nasty. I took doses at midnight, 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7. It was pretty gross. I don't recommend it.

I thought it increased my BH contractions, and for a while there this morning I felt some lower back pain and a few almost painful contractions. So I had hope.

I had an ultrasound appointment at 2:30, so I walked there. It was maybe a 20 minute walk. I hoped that the walking would do something, but no.

The ultrasound lady felt really bad for me and gave me two pictures of Baby D, which hopefully I won't need to post because we'll have real pictures of his external self soon enough. But anyway, it was good to know that he's still measuring big. As in, the docs think he's just barely 41 weeks, but he measures at almost 42.

This is not actually that awesome, except that it does validate my belief that he was supposed to be here sooner than he has been.

He was very wiggly, which the ultrasound lady said meant that he wasn't settling down to be born yet. :^(

SETTLE DOWN, KID!

BE BORN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment