Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

nathaniel the rock star

Nathaniel just figured out how to turn tummy time into back time--by rolling over. I'm pretty impressed. Of course it might be accidental, but it also might not be. At night, he rolls onto his side all the time (he likes being on his side more than he likes being on his back, although we always put him on his back to sleep). He's been rolling onto his side like that for at least a week now.

This website says that rolling over is a milestone that typically takes place at two months.

He is 15 days old today!

He also has impressive head control--all his doctors have commented on it, and he spends a lot of time every day moving his head around. He's started grabbing things like his pacifier handle, and my shirt while I'm nursing. I can't tell how intentional this is, but he wasn't doing it a week ago.

He really likes when I sing to him. Every morning I sing him In The Leafy Treetops, and he always stops what he's doing to look at me while I do it. He seems to like music a lot.

I just put him down for tummy time again, and he's been lifting up his head and upper chest so well. He wriggles around like a champion.

He is one muscular kid. You can see his buff thigh muscles. He's basically ripped, for being a 2-week-old. I feel a lot less ridiculous now about all those times as a pregnant person I would groan when he kicked. Yeah, his feet are three and a half inches long and he's super muscly. Things like this make a lot more sense now.

No comments:

Post a Comment