So apparently a rumor has begun that I am in labor!
IT IS NOT TRUE. Or if it is true, I am in labor with precisely zero contractions!
I was contracting regularly earlier today, but that ended about 4 hours ago. And by regularly I don't mean close enough for it to count really. Just like every 8-10 minutes or something. Possibly further apart than that. I didn't bother timing because I could walk and talk right through them.
Induction is scheduled for 7 am tomorrow, but it may be later than that--I have to call at 6 am to make sure a golden horde of pregnant ladies hasn't descended upon the maternity ward overnight, but assuming that hasn't happened, they will hopefully have a spot for me.
Only three people are allowed in the room at a time--so that would be me, Carl, and the midwife or nurse. After the baby is born, we plan to nurse immediately, and do that whole bonding thing, and then let him be bathed and everything. THEN family members are allowed to come see him in the mother-baby section of the hospital. Assuming that that all happens and leaves time for visiting hours at the end of the day. Otherwise, family can see Baby D on Wednesday.
Everyone else, I'll have to let you know how I feel. Maybe you can see him that evening, or else on Thursday--or maybe I might make you wait a little longer than that. Don't worry, in the words of my darling eBFF, he will still look like a newborn chicken monkey for a few days after he's born. :o)
Labor with 0 contractions is always the best kind.
ReplyDeleteShoot. I hope Baby D decides to come on his own, but if not, good luck with the induction tomorrow!
In my defense, I LOVE chicken-monkeys (o:
ReplyDeleteI wonder if he's orange from all the Doritos? Kind of like that one nerdy glasses boy who turned orange from the carrots in The Magic Schoolbus...actually, my coworker also turned orange from the carrots....
Congratulations!!! <3