Today is exciting for multiple reasons. The first one is that Baby D is a full week old! That seems pretty crazy to me. I don't know that I would believe it, except for my handy hospital-issue breastfeeding chart that clearly shows that he is a week old.
Also, my little brother gets off his mission today! AH! So excited to see him! LDS missions are two years long for guys, and while they're out preaching the gospel they get 2 phone calls home per year, on Mother's Day and Christmas. They do get to write home on Mondays, though.
But my brother is coming home today! At 3:30 pm! I can't meet him at the airport, but the rest of my family is and I'm so excited for them all. Two years is a short time and a long time; a lot has changed. My other brother broke his hip and suffered a zillion complications, lost all mobility and contracted a serious disease shortly after Sam left: we had to finally install a wheelchair ramp into the house, and move a hospital bed permanently into the living room for James to live on, since he can no longer walk or crawl or even sit.
My sister graduated from high school and started college out in Idaho. She's now a sophomore. When Sam left she was a junior in high school (she ended up following in my footsteps and graduating early).
And obviously when he left I was in Utah, preparing for my graduation and anticipating an illustrious career in the soil sciences. And now after many unpredicted twists and turns, I am a SAHM to a rockin Godzilla baby! And Carl and I have a house!
And I'm sure Sam has changed a lot, too. You can see it in the letters he writes home. I'm so excited to see him again and catch up after all this time. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment