Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

remembering divine timing

I actually went to sacrament meeting today, for the first time in maybe 3 weeks? I was awake and felt well enough to at least walk around from the car to the chapel, so I figured, I'd better go. I was very grateful for the opportunity to take the sacrament. Plus the speakers were a couple new to our ward, and it turns out they are from the very town in Idaho where I did all my potato research in college! Ah, the joys of being an eSci major.

Gotta love those potatoes.

Still no baby. I have actually had some legit contractions--yesterday I had them for a minute each, five minutes apart, for almost an hour. BUT of course then instead of getting closer together, they started getting to be seven minutes apart, then eight, and then POOF. Gone. It was fairly disheartening. Today I have had similar contractions about once and sometimes twice an hour. I'm assuming they're legit contractions because they involve lower back ache and a tightening like pain in the pelvic floor.

This reminds me that I researched last night and discovered that all the weird popping and clicking noises I hear from my womb may actually be my silly baby popping/cracking his knuckles and joints. Isn't that funny? I know both my mom and I have ankles that click/pop all the time, and I realize now that his clicks and pops all come from right around where his feet are.

I just hope he's not also flatfooted and pronated. :^/

Anyway, the point of this was that last night while I was extremely emotionally distraught over this whole lateness issue, I was praying and felt impressed to make a list of all the good and legitimate reasons why he could be late. [Incidentally, one annoying thing that came to mind was that I had prayed that my hair would be long enough such that I wouldn't be completely embarrassed to take pictures with my newborn--and just in the past 2 days it's gotten to the point where I'm not ashamed to exist with my pseudo Beiber 'do. Guess I shouldn't have prayed for that!]

Today I wrote down a bunch of those reasons in my journal, and just remembered once again how so many times in my life, things I thought were the end of the world were actually preparations for something else.

For example, the story I already wrote here, about the time my dreams of being a soil chemist were destroyed upon the cruel rocks of Fate. It seemed so awful that I should get so far in my chosen field, and then be rejected for no good reason at all--but then, my brother broke his hip and we needed to be in Maryland anyway. If I'd gotten into the program, I couldn't have been around for my family.

So anyway, the point is--I'm sure there's a good reason Baby D is SO LATE. Heavenly Father doesn't goof on timing. :^/

No comments:

Post a Comment