Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

friend having baby

One of my friends from church is in the hospital right now having her baby, ~4 weeks early. It's weird--our babies were due just weeks apart (2-3 weeks apart!) and now hers will be born. Already.

I discovered today that I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a while and just never noticed (I noticed that something was happening, but I never bothered finding out what the heck was going on until today). Good news: they are so painless that I don't even notice them.

Just a few more weeks to go. It's so weird that my friend's baby has come so soon. It's starting to sink in that basically from here on out, Baby D could come out whenever. It's not very likely, perhaps, but it is possible.

Incidentally, Baby D is 33 weeks along. According to that infamous internet, he's basically just finishing up with fingernails and lungs and that sort of thing. Apparently the amniotic fluid development is over--this is how much he's going to be swimming in for the rest of the pregnancy.

Which reminds me of how at church yesterday, one lady came up to me and asked how much longer I had to go. I said, like 7 weeks.

"Your baby will be GIGANTIC!!!!" this lady said.

I left the room and in the hall another lady came up and asked me the same question. I gave her the same answer of around 7 weeks.

"That's impossible," she said. "You're way too small."

SO, the conclusion is, I guess I will have a gigantic baby who is also too small! Or something like that. According to the internet, he is now almost 5 lbs. Pretty intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment