FOR REAL!! AT LAST! After months and months of drama!
Spent Saturday picking paint and working out the strategic plan for cleaning/painting each room. The last people there were truly, truly slobs. Actually, on Saturday morning when we went to go check the place out, the old tenant was still in there, with his car parked in the garage and moving stuff out. UPDATE: we DID change the locks on Saturday, after that fun time.
He and his minions left us:
- a pretty decent kitchen table w/chairs
- a gigantic TV
- the freakin nastiest loveseat ever
- possibly a pool table? He said he gave it to his friend but his friend hasn't picked it up yet (cross your fingers that he won't)
- a really old desk
- a really old hutch
- two semi-broken bookshelf things that we plan to paint bright colors and stick in Baby D's room
- lots of dead bugs on the floor
- the most disgusting piece of bar soap I have seen in a very long time
- lots of fun presents in the fridge
That might be it?
Yeah, nothing in that house is clean. It is all pretty sick. So I'm spending this week working with my grandmother to clean up and paint. I can't actually paint, being pregnant and all, so I'm just cleaning everything and preparing it to be painted. SO grateful to have the time to do it all.
If you are free this week at any time and want to come hang out and help me sweep up bug carcasses and wipe dust off the baseboards while listening to sweet tunes, let me know.
We are so thrilled. All at once, things have miraculously worked out for us. I don't remember the last time I was so happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment