Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

hair explanation

First, thank you to everyone who has seen my horrific new 'do and not said anything. I really appreciate it.

Here is the tale of how it happened.

I went to an English-speaking hairdresser with clear expectations which I articulated verbally and with a picture. One of the things I specifically asked for was NOT TO CUT ANYTHING ABOVE MY EARS PERIOD. NOTHING. NO. THING.

So of course then she, you know, cut my hair such that I have hair literally less than an inch and a half long on the top of my head. Seriously. In real life.

Pretty much, let's just say that she did everything I specifically said NOT TO DO and did nothing that I actually ASKED FOR.

So that's why my hair is currently reminiscent of a dead octopus residing on my head. I swear to you that I did not ask for it. I cannot tell you how many tears I have cried over it (and yes, I did feel ridiculous the whole time. At least I feel ridiculous for how shallow I am).

It's not that I feel embarrassed leaving the house with this hair--it's that I feel embarrassed existing with this foul mop. I am embarrassed at all times over this hair, even when there is not another soul in the room to judge. Because I have to judge myself over this awful, awful hair. The other night I woke up in the middle of the night just heartbroken over it. But I have no choice now but to let it grow out.

This is valuable because it is teaching me not to automatically judge people with terrible, horrifically foul hair cuts. It can happen to anybody. Sometimes the hairdresser just doesn't even leave enough hair to let you actually fix the cut. Sometimes you're just stuck.

So anyway, that's the situation. If you run out of things to pray for you can pray for my freakishly foul haircut to grow out quickly. And please remember: I'm really not into tacky foul haircuts. Seriously. It was all a mistake.

:^(

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I really did think it was cute the way you had it styled and with the headband last night!

    Also, you should just try my hairdresser (it's weird to call her that) like I've been telling you for I don't know how long now.

    ReplyDelete