Last night was so intense: in the middle of the night, my calf got this gigantic charlie horse all the way up it. I actually wondered if my bone was going to crack or bend, like James's femur did that one time. Fortunately I am married to the best guy ever, and he woke up to my whimpering and rubbed my calf out. But yikes. I'm so glad that was the first time it's happened. I've been reading about pregnancy leg cramps for weeks and I'm so grateful I missed out on them!
I did some research yesterday on posterior babies, since Baby D is one of those now. Apparently the other term for them is "sunny side up," which I like way better. Anyway, this website explains why having sunny side up babies is harder than normal and has a bunch of ideas on how to help them move.
One website I found suggested putting cold packs on your back, and warm towels on your front. Since babies don't like cold, the baby will flip around and get into the right position for birth, assuming that they're not backwards because of an umbilical cord issue or something.
So I'm trying to sit with my knees below my hips, and I've tried SO hard not to recline, which enables sunny side up-ness. But that means a lot of leaning forward, which is really uncomfortable.
This morning, to help me out, Carl brought up our exercise ball, which I guess is now where I'll be sitting from now on, since it kind of forces you to keep your knees down and your back up.
Other than that! We're putting together the birth plan. I scheduled a tour of the birthing facility for June 5. We still need to pick a name and a pediatrician and all that sort of jazz. The end of June is swiftly approaching!
Fun fact: I was an anterior baby.
ReplyDelete