Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

poll on napping!

Okay guys, poll time:

Do you ever feel guilty about taking a nap? Why? Or why not?
Answer in the comments below



Today I didn't really work at the house. I twisted my ankle yesterday, and so today I decided to just rest and not walk around a lot.

Disclaimer: I twist my ankle(s) like 2-3 times a month, but since my feet/ankles have unusually low muscle tone (according to my orthopedist or whatever), it usually doesn't do anything (because there's not enough muscle tone to hurt anything). But yesterday I twisted it while wearing unusual shoes and it kind of hurt.

SO anyway the point is, stayed home, rested. At noon I got really tired so I played my hypnobirthing CD and napped.

And then I woke up three hours later, still tired as tired, and felt SO GUILTY for napping. Even though on Monday I will be officially 9 months pregnant and I've been working on that house every day in 85-90 degree heat and no AC. So probably I have good reasons to nap.

But there is still that GUILT! Dumb or what? Who else feels guilty about napping even when there's a good reason to? Anybody? Anybody?

2 comments:

  1. I take a 1-2 hour nap every morning. We get up at 5:15 for scriptures and I haven't had a reason to be up that early, so I always go back to bed. Lately I haven't been waking up until 8 which is just ridiculous. But I haven't had anywhere I needed to be.

    And yes. I feel guilty about it every time. But there's not enough reason for me to be in the land of the living for me to be motivated to get out of bed. So it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel nothing but the deepest satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete