I went to the midwife yesterday and had a check up. He seems fine; we just listened to his heart and confirmed that I have finally stopped losing weight for real! Hooray! In fact, according to the scale at the midwife's place, I now weigh 8 pounds more than I did pre-pregnancy.
I am significantly less worried about this now that I just finished reading the book Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives. Finished that this morning. The writer points out that all the research shows that women who gain less than the recommended 25 pounds have babies less inclined toward obesity--while those who gain even just the recommended 25 pounds are statistically more likely to have toddlers with overweight BMIs.
So, right now I'm feeling pretty good about my 8 lbs. I feel well, and I eat when I get hungry, and I take my vitamins (mostly!). According to this site, I am just about 4 lbs lighter than my minimum recommended weight.
Other than that! Coming up I have my Rhogam shot, my gestational diabetes test, and a follow-up ultrasound. I got to the dentist earlier today for a cleaning. So much to do! And I have already scheduled like 5 other midwife appointments between now and the end of May. Crazy that in just 3 months this baby will be HERE!
No comments:
Post a Comment