So lately I've been getting into reading "crunchy" blogs. It took me a few days to realize that's what they were. And it took me resetting my Facebook newsfeed settings to realize the true extent of all things crunchy.
To be honest, I have very mixed feelings about the word "crunchy." But I feel like I'm in line with a lot of the so-called "crunchy" philosophy. I would do a homebirth if my family wouldn't just die at the very thought (my mom had extremely traumatizing birthing experiences, so out of kindness to her, I'm using midwives in an in-hospital birthing center). We plan to breastfeed and cloth diaper and co-sleep, at least to a point. I already have two baby slings to accomodate my future trendylicious babywearing. I love the idea of homeschooling and I've recently started researching unschooling--unbeknownst to all of us, my parents unschooled me and my little brother for a year while he and I lived in Vienna with my grandparents, and it was awesome and we learned WAY more that way than we ever did in school.
Anyway. Crunchiness. I was just thinking about it. I am probably the weirdest conservative ever, between those bouts of veganism and my stint with Students for International Development, and all my new age stuff that Carl thinks is so crazy.
I've been thinking a lot today about all the threats to my plans for future crunchiness. So sad. I hope things work out with it.
And in the meantime, I can't decide if I'll actually join that Facebook group.
No comments:
Post a Comment