Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

pregnancy updates

So today was an interesting day to be pregnant.

I am officially... hm, like 25 weeks, I guess? I've been counting from Mondays so almost 26. We're rounding into the third trimester and today was the first day people asked me if I were expecting.

Technically, only one person asked me if I were expecting. Another person asked me if I were pregnant. And my favorite time was when one person asked me,

"Are you trying to have a baby?!"



"Uh," I said. "Uh. What do you... uh, mean by that? I'm pregnant, if that's what you mean?"

So, yes. Almost 7 months in, I have finally been asked about that strange protrusion from my abdomen. Picture coming eventually, seriously, guys.

In other news, last night one of my ribs got bruised, or something. Yes, from the inside. Oh owies, it hurts. I woke up at 2 in the morning or something and realized that my rib killed, and I had to sit there and ponder what would hurt a rib like that. LOL, yes, it did take me until about two hours ago to realize that maybe Baby D could have been practicing his ninjitsu on my rib cage and left his mark.

According to this site, rib pain during pregnancy can also just be from the uterus expanding and putting pressure there.

Anyway, the point is, all my friends who have yet to be pregnant, the takeaway here is that sometimes being preggo can seriously hurt your ribs. :^(

Other than that. Baby Doozit is very busy doing important things like punching my guts and flipping around. I don't mind it, usually. It just kind of feels like, I dunno, a kid is squirming around in your guts. Typically it doesn't hurt (and then sometimes it totally does).

Also, today was my first day dealing with pregnancy foot pain. Ow, also. I had to teach for two hours today at my stake's preparedness fair (I'll blog about this later), and by the end, I thought my feet would DIE.

Can't wait until this kid comes out. Only three more months! Whoohoo!

1 comment:

  1. We should take pictures soon. Maybe even today. But maybe not.

    ReplyDelete