Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

the weekend

Over the past three days, my hand has developed this bizarre and unwelcome spastic tendency. Randomly one of the muscles in my thumb will start to shake and tremor, and as far as I know I can't stop it. Last night I spent some time just holding onto that muscle and squishing it down so it couldn't do anything, but then it just started affecting my middle finger instead. I just googled and apparently muscle spasm things are common in the third trimester of pregnancy. Guess we're just about there, folks. Almost, at least.

Funny thing from the weekend:

Carl came home from church and started making some lunch. He got out a plate, some pieces of bread, honey, peanut butter. Then he went to the pantry and starting putting together the g-tube and funnel that we use to feed James.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Making lunch," he said. And looked down at the g-tube. "For myself. Uhh..."

Needless to say, he did not end up eating his sandwich through the tube. This is what happens when we're left alone with my brother for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment