Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

more pregnancy updates

This marks the first week that random strangers have asked me about my pregnancy. I went to the bank on Tuesday, and the teller asked me if it was a boy or a girl. Literally, our conversation went like this:

Me: Hi! I need to deposit these checks.
Teller: Is it a boy or a girl?
Me: ...a boy! ::secretly wonders what that has to do with banking but is happy anyway::


That same day, I went to Home Depot to pick up some stuff, and while no one actually offered to help me, I did get a lot of stares from people who thought it was weird to watch a pregnant lady lug around a giant pile of 5-gallon buckets.



Thursday was the first day that a non-spouse asked to touch my belly. Don't worry, that person was a friend, not a random stranger! It happened twice more that evening (still with friends, so not awkward).

This evening was the first night I actually SAW Baby Doozit do something. He kicked my gut and you could see the lump where his foot was. That was maybe an hour ago. Now I keep on just wanting to stare at my own stomach in case it happens again. So weird.

On Saturday the church YW had a giant yard sale fundraiser (incidentally, we earned over $1500! Go us!). We got a bunch of free stuff, including a couch, a bassinet, a baby rocker thingy, a chair, a cabinet, and various other things. We also got a ton of baby outfits for only $9. I was pretty pleased with that.

While we were there, one of the ladies from church asked when I was due. She almost died when I said we had just 11 more weeks (or 10, according to the ultrasound tech). Admittedly, I was wearing a sweatshirt, which kind of hides my belly, but it's still true that for being in the 3rd trimester, I'm pretty tiny-looking. My church friend said that my face has thinned out a lot in the past few months. I do think that overall, I am technically skinnier now than I have been in a while, in the sense that I carry around less fat. Except I'm carrying a lot more other stuff, so, oh well.

Also at the fundraiser I ran into a girl who used to babysit me when I was little. Now she is married, has three kids, and is just starting a business teaching hypnobirthing. This was incredibly convenient because Carl and I have put off taking a childbirth class, and oh yeah, now we don't have 12 weeks anymore. So it was pretty fortuitous to see her and discover that her hypnobirthing classes are just 5 weeks. We'll probably sign up, I guess. Originally I was planning to go Bradley, but I could be down with a mix of that and hypnobirthing, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment