I had to come home and blog about my day so far! It's been crazy.
Since this is Week 28, I've had a gazillion jillion tests to take and things to do for the baby. I scheduled them all for today.
So this morning I got up at 6:30, instead of 5:30--and can I just say that that hour makes a giant difference?--and went to the hospital where I will eventually be giving birth to this kid, in order to get my blood tested and my Rhogam shot. To check in and get my blood taken took about an hour, but then the lab needed 2 hours to process my blood, so they let me go to this whole other laboratory to get more bloodwork done.
So I hopped back in my car, drove to the lab by my house, and did my one-hour glucose test (to see if I have gestational diabetes, which I doubt).
And guys: I totally made it through BOTH experiences without crying. Oh man. It is such a big deal. I just sat there while they poked that needle right into my veins and harnessed my inner yogini. It was amazing. I'm still amazed. Wow.
I forgot to warn the first lady that I'm allergic to most adhesives, so a few hours later when my arm still hurt, I peeled off the bandage and found that, once again, the place where she poked me was fine, but I had this giant rash from under the adhesive. The second lady put paper tape on me, though, so that hasn't hurt. Hooray!
Hooray, hooray!
UPDATE: This is a big deal because historically I usually cry, then hyperventilate, then cry more, then shake a ton and generally freak out to the point they basically have to strap me to a bed to get any blood out of me. But not this time! Bwaha!
Then I went back to the hospital and got the Rhogam shot (after waiting for 2 hours because something went wrong with something--who knows). Then on the way home, I decided to take the long way, randomly, and on the side of the road I ran into a woman from church. I've only ever talked to her a few times, mostly because whatever her calling is, it's not in Young Women, which is where I always am. But I recognized her on the side of the road, with a broken umbrella and her stuff spilling everywhere, waiting for the bus (we had a tornado warning at that same hour). So I turned around and picked her up. I was really glad I found her, and recognized her, and had the radio turned off so I could hear that still, small voice telling me to notice her.
Oh man. Crazy.
Now I have a follow-up ultrasound in a few minutes, and with any luck they'll give me another picture. One can hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment