Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

pregnancy update!

Went to the midwife today. This particular midwife is awesome because she looks, acts, and probably secretly is my high school choir teacher, who is one of my favorite people ever. I really like her.

Baby Doozit is doing well. She confirmed that the choroid plexus cysts went away, and said that I definitely do NOT have gestational diabetes (I didn't think I did anyway).

Baby D's heart rate is good, and pretty much the big downside right now is that I am STILL borderline anemic. So make me eat meat.

I scheduled the rest of my appointments for this pregnancy today. That was weird. I think I have 6 or 7 more appointments. I'm going to start just living at the midwife's office soon, probably. Which would not be that bad, all things considered, because the midwifery is literally located inside a shopping mall. It's just one floor above H&M. Winning!

Yesterday at church I had multiple ladies ask me about my pregnancy. "The last time I saw you you barely showed! You have blossomed!" said one friend. I hadn't seen her in maybe 2 weeks?

Another friend said basically the same thing. That she essentially forgot I was pregnant because it wasn't super duper obvious, until she saw me today, and then was shocked that the due date is so soon.

Yep: only ~10 weeks to go! Whoo hoo!

Which reminds me that I asked the midwife about her view on childbirth classes. I told her we missed our window on the Bradley classes I wanted but we were thinking about Hypnobirthing. But when I say "we" I secretly kind of mean "I" because Carl was not too thrilled about the idea of spending $250 on a childbirthing class called "Hypnobirthing."

But the midwife said that would be a very smart idea. So maybe we will. Although she also mentioned that my yogic background might be okay.

Obviously, it's more ideal to take the class, but if I can't do that, at least I have what, 8 years of yoga under my belt to draw on during labor.

I've been really pleased at how my yoga has gotten me through the pregnancy this far. I haven't actually done any asanas since December, really, besides the occasional cat-cow and.... mmh, that's probably it. But every time I've had to get shots/blood taken/do other really traumatic things, that yogic breathing has saved the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment