There are many reasons why Carl is awesome but this post is just dedicated to one of them.
I have breathing problems. As far as I know, I have always had breathing problems. Asthma, "reactionary airway disease" (which is code for, "my airway sucks but there's not a REAL diagnosis other than that"), and I've even had some chronic bronchitis. It's been super fun. A side effect of my breathing problems is that when I get a cough, I get it LOUD. And LONG. I can cough for hours and hours at an extremely high volume. It is not a talent I am proud of.
When I was little, my parents would make me sleep at least one floor down when I got coughs--because otherwise I would keep everyone on the top floor awake. It was very sad and I hated it but, what can you do.
When Carl and I first got married, I spent the first 7 months of our marriage ill. I just had one cold after another for 7 straight months. And sure enough, they involved coughs. The first night that my coughing started to get out of control, I told Carl that I would go sleep downstairs so he wouldn't have to listen to me.
And you know what he did? He just said, "You don't have to do that." And he let me sleep in the upstairs in our regular bed and I just felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
Last night the full pregnancy pain set in, for realz. Over the past 2 days I've gotten foot cramps and back cramps, but last night, it was insane. Like my whole body was this giant contorted mess of fail and pain. Ow. We turned off the lights at 10 pm, and then I spent at least the next 2.5 hours after that just rearranging pillows and stuff in an attempt to not be in total pain.
It kept on accidentally disturbing Carl's slumber, and I felt so guilty about it (but not guilty enough to start all over trying to get comfortable downstairs with the BoyCat).
But then this morning I apologized to him as I left for work, and he just said, "it's okay," and gave me a little goodbye kiss like it was no big deal that I spent the whole night flipping around and restacking pillows.
I'm pretty much the luckiest girl in the world. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment