Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

third trimester!

Okay, this is going to be short because I am insanely tired and I just want to sleep.

The point is, we are officially in the Third Trimester now. According to this weird website that means Baby D is due in just 86 days. Wow, the longest 86 days ever.

(Baby D, come on time! Come a day early if you want!)

This week Baby D is 14.8 inches long from head to feet (or possibly a little longer if he's tall). He weighs over 2 pounds. I haven't weighed myself since the last time I blogged about my pregnancy weight, but that is weird to think that 2 lbs of my barely 10 (if I'm lucky) are just straight up baby.

Baby Doozit has eyelashes, his eyeballs are done, he can recognize my voice and he experiences REM sleep--which means he could possibly be dreaming in there. According to various pregnancy websites, he can blink, cough, suck his thumb, hiccup, and do practice breaths with the amniotic fluid (although he would still have a hard time breathing if he popped out right now).

Tonight Carl and I start our Bradley Method Exercises! They're mostly relaxation techniques. We'll see how it goes.

My body's been having a weird time adjusting to the third trimester. My back has just been contorted in giant knots, from my neck all the way down. I keep getting weird cramp things in my legs and feet, too. Also my hands. I think I blogged about how my hand trembles? It stopped that a few days ago, thankfully. Whew. And then other than that, I am just insanely tired. Insanely. Tired. I just want to sleep all day long.

Also I am just big enough now to have a hard time bending. Every time I drop things it is so sad. Also I always forget how big I am, so getting into my spot for dinner is hard. My seat was formerly the hardest one to get to, by two walls so no matter which direction I came from, it was squishy. Well, no more. Officially I have commandeered a seat next to zero (0) walls and things are so much better.

Other than that. No stretch marks, thankfully. No real cravings, still. I eat more fries than I used to, but mostly because I can get away with it and not feel guilty. And more strawberries than before, but mostly because my mom keeps buying them for me. Secretly I would still eat heaps of strawberries even if I weren't pregnant, just because I have always loved them.

I wish I had cravings because then it would mean I would know what to eat. The hardest thing now, including right this very second, is that I spend all my time starving and I can't think of a single thing I'd really like to eat. And I think the first 5.5 months of throwing up every hour kind of freaked out my body into not wanting to eat things unless it is CONVINCED it really wants to eat them. So I just spend a lot of time vaguely hungry, and looking at pictures of food in the hopes that one of them will look like I could eat it and not be sick.

So, hooray third trimester! Exciting and painful and fun. One of these times people will be able to feel Baby D from the outside--right now, every time I let people touch my stomach he stops kicking. But once he stops that annoying habit I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment