Among those who in 1996 were in the very highest income group isolated for study — the top 0.01 percent — 75 percent were in a lower income group by 2005. The median real income of super-rich households went down, not up. The rich got poorer. Among actual households, income grew proportionally more for those who started off in the low-income groups than those that began in high-income groups.
[...]
When somebody says that that top 1 percent saw its income go up by X in the last decade, they are not really talking about what happened to actual households in the top 1 percent. Rather, they are talking about how much money one has to make to qualify for the top 1 percent.
What kind of ketchup is best? Check out this guy's taste test. Pretty limited sample (he only asked 11 people to judge), but still pretty interesting. I will admit it hurts me to buy Heinz anything these days, but I still buy Heinz ketchup. Perhaps I will try something new one of these times.
Incidentally: turns out that Theresa Heinz met John Kerry at an Earth Day rally in 1990. Is anyone really surprised?
Here's an article on the most important hour of the day. My aunt calls her most important hour her Hour of Power. I would call mine that too, if I had one anymore. I've been bad about my Power Hours recently, but I should pick it back up again. The one place I'm usually good about the Hour of Power is work.
Baby Doozit is dancing! This morning, at one point he twisted around weird, such that his whole body was pressed up against the left side of my body. He kind of stuck out. When I touched him he went back to where he had been earlier. Right now he's just kind of wiggling. I think it's because We R Who We R is playing in the background. He probably is a closet Ke$ha fan. The rebel.
PS, I totally am not the one playing Ke$ha in the background. Yeah, that's my mom.
Okay, fine, it's on NCIS. But my mom is still listening to it.
Good quote:
“You can get sympathy or you can get better but you can’t get both. You can be in your comfort zone or you can have growth, but you can’t have both. You can be interested or you can be sold-out-committed, but you can’t entertain both. You can have excuses or have results, but you can’t do both. Choose the path that develops your visceral fortitude.”
- Mario Cortes
Visceral fortitude. That might be my new favorite phrase.
I liked this article on 20 things this guy does with money. Hollah with your dollahs! I especially liked #19. I learned in college that you should never lend money you want to see back again.
Here are some cloth diapers that really intrigue me. I love the Moo-licious diaper SO MUCH but Carl says he will not allow our son to wear such a cute diaper. :^( But Carl was okay with the giraffe diapers, which are also pretty darn cute.


This post brought to you by a dog wearing a bag:
No comments:
Post a Comment