A few months ago, I was having a Hard Time. I got out of my car to get on the Metro, and in a moment of despair I prayed for help. I told Heavenly Father that I couldn't get through the day without Him, and so He should probably send me someone or something to help me out.
And when I got to the top of the escalator, right there was standing a lady from church! I'd never really spoken with her before, but she's the mom of one of my high school friends, and she recognized me. She was so excited to see me, all smiling and everything, and she gave me this giant hug and had me sit next to her on the train. It was really cool because one of the things that had been stressing me was my sad, sad ward choir, and the first thing this lady told me when we sat down was how much she loved to watch me conduct music. It was just the compliment I needed. And then we just talked about our lives and scripture stuff for the entirety of my commute. It saved the day, in the most literal way.
The same exact thing happened again a month later. I was having a weird morning, and then there she was! And we sat together and had a great time on our way to work.
I guess on Friday my friend got on the Metro and another woman came up behind her, and tapped her on the shoulder. "Where's your friend?" she asked. "You know, the friend you always laugh with all the way to work? You both always look so happy to see each other!"
Ha, my friend told the lady that we'd just met on the Metro that first day. LOL!
Anyway, I guess that random lady had been apparently touched by our friendship or something. It was cool to hear about. My friend told me yesterday after the Easter program and it kind of made my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment